- The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva (spit) in a lifetime. That is enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools!
- A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 600 mph!
- Most tooth loss in people under 35 years of age is caused by athletic trauma, fights or accidents. Most tooth loss in people over age 35 is from Periodontal (Gum) Disease.
Children begin to develop their primary teeth 6 weeks after conception while in their mother’s womb.
- One in every 2,000 babies is born with a tooth.
- People don’t chew up and down; they chew side to side just like cows chew!
- If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 35% of your tooth surfaces.
- A tooth that has been knocked out starts to die within 15 minutes, but if you put it in milk or hold it in your mouth it will survive longer. See a dentist ASAP!
- Teeth are the hardest substance in the human body.
10. Approximately $2 billion a year is spent on dental products a year in the United States. (toothpaste, mouthwash, floss and toothbrushes)
11. 90% of systemic diseases have oral manifestations.
12. Regular dental cleanings can help prevent heart attacks.
13. Tooth Decay is the 2nd most common disease in the U.S. after the common cold.
14. 20% percentage of patients wear braces between the ages of twenty and sixty
15. Certain cheeses including Aged Cheddar, Swiss and Monterey Jack, have been found to protect teeth from decay
16. Today’s tooth fairy needs a lot more silver than she did in 1900 when she left an average of twelve cents. In 1998, the tooth fairy left an average of one dollar.
17. Athletes are 60 times more likely to damage their teeth when not wearing a mouth guard during athletic activities
18. Over three million miles of dental floss is purchased in North America each year
19. Every person has a unique tooth and tongue print!
20. It takes 17 muscles to smile J but 43 to frownL!!
Meet our Pediatric Dentist Guru: Dr. Valeri Woo
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.