Home » StoneSprings Hospital Center Celebrates Five-Year Anniversary
StoneSprings Hospital Center proudly celebrates its fifth anniversary, marking the day in 2015, when the hospital first opened its doors in Dulles, VA, replacing a stand-alone emergency room that was the only care available for miles.
StoneSprings Hospital Center, part of HCA Virginia Heath System, has quickly grown to become the heart of the community, drawing patients from the new and growing neighborhoods nearby and attracting top physicians and specialists. The Hospital provides a comprehensive range of medical services, including a full-service, 24/7 Emergency department, orthopedics and spine programs, , extensive diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology capabilities, minimally invasive robotic surgery, and maternal and child health with 24/7 in-house obstetricians and pediatricians.
StoneSprings has distinguished itself through advanced technology treatment options, and state-of-the-art facilities, blending the convenience of all-private rooms, personal attention, and an easily accessible suburban location with diverse, top-quality medical and support staff.
“Our mission has always been a commitment to the care and improvement of human life,” said Nathan Vooys, Chief Executive Officer, “In our first five years, StoneSprings Hospital Center has experienced tremendous growth in programs and services that reflect the needs of our community.”
StoneSprings is an active community partner, offering outreach services, from blood drives to education programs and wellness events. The hospital provides free medical care and financial assistance to thousands in the region each year, totaling $190.8 million in uncompensated care in 2019. The private hospital also contributes nearly $72.6 million annually in state and local taxes.
After just five years, StoneSprings has a remarkable collection of milestones, including:
• Opened on Dec. 7, 2015
• First baby born on Dec. 9, 2015
• First robotic surgery, the foundation for the DaVinci Training Epicenter
• Numerous accreditations recognizing excellence in Mammography, CT, and laboratory practices
• Accredited for chest pain, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, MRI
• Awarded Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center
• Established the General Surgery Epicenter, one of just 40 training center programs in the world
• Established our midwifery service, enhancing our reputation for patient-centered labor and delivery experiences
• Awarded the Guardian of Excellence Award, reaching the 95th percentile for patient experience, and The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Hospital Accreditation
• Opened the neonatal intensive care unit in partnership with, and staffed 24/7, by Children’s National
• Launched the total joint replacement program, expanded the spine program, and added new Hospitalist coverage
• Established a complex gastrointestinal program
• Expanded our obstetrics program to include 24/7 onsite physician coverage
StoneSprings Hospital Center will continue its growth in 2021, with plans for the addition of a 17-bed adult behavioral health unit, a free-standing ambulatory surgery center, and a bariatric weight loss program.
About StoneSprings Hospital Center
As part of the commonwealth’s most comprehensive provider network, HCA Virginia Health System, StoneSprings Hospital Center is a 234,000-square-foot, 124-bed facility providing emergency, medical, surgical, and women’s services to Loudoun and surrounding counties. StoneSprings is a Certified Primary Stroke Center and a Chest Pain certified facility. The hospital has garnered recognition for high quality patient and surgical care. StoneSprings Hospital Center is home to the only Xi Robotic Training Epicenter for General Surgery in Northern Virginia. StoneSprings Hospital is part of HCA Virginia Health System, which operates 14 hospitals, 27 outpatient centers, five freestanding emergency rooms, and is affiliated with 3,000 physicians. The private, tax-paying hospital system is one of Virginia’s largest employers, provides $105.7 million in charity and uncompensated care, and pays $88.9 million in taxes annually. In Northern Virginia, HCA Virginia Health System hospitals include Reston Hospital Center, StoneSprings Hospital Center, and Dominion Hospital. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn