Home » Posh Momcation: Wild Terrains Launches New Women-Only Trips to Portugal This Fall
Posh Momcations are necessary breaks for modern moms that need to refresh, recharge and refuel in order to be happier moms. We work very hard and little breaks away from our families is well deserved. Momcations should be fun, energizing and guilt free. Join us on our Posh Momcation and enjoy the article below.
Women-only travel is the fastest growing segment in the travel industry today. Whether they’re traveling with friends, families, partners or by themselves, women are a driving force behind an industry fueling the economy on a global scale. According to The George Washington School of Business, women account for nearly two-thirds of travelers today. With this steady rise in female travelers, there’s a new crop of travel companies offering unique experiences catering to this growing segment of women travelers. Washington, DC-based Wild Terrains is one of those companies, specializing in small group trips for women that support female-owned and operated businesses in its destinations. They’ve recently expanded their women-only group trips to Portugal, with trip dates starting in September 2019.
Launched in July 2018, Wild Terrains is the brainchild of Lauren Bates, former Chief Marketing Officer at UrbanStems. The travel company’s mission is to connect creative women from around the world in dynamic destinations, while collaborating with local women entrepreneurs, artists, designers, and chefs. Wild Terrains is the only travel company leading women-only group trips that partner exclusively with local, female-owned businesses. Wild Terrains first launched trips to Mexico City in January 2019. To date, its Mexico City trips have been a huge success and are sold out for the remainder of 2019. The company plans to announce its Mexico City 2020 trip dates soon.
After the success of Mexico City, Wild Terrains has expanded and launched their second destination – Portugal – with two group trips scheduled for fall 2019: September 4th – 11th and September 28th – October 5th. This eight day/seven-night journey takes women travelers to Lisbon, Alentejo, and Porto, where the dynamic history, delicious food and breathtaking landscapes are just the beginning. Wild Terrains’ Portugal Experience is also packed with creative activities that support local, female-run businesses, including:
• Staying at stylish women-owned hotels like The Lisboans in Lisbon and Duas Portas Townhouse in Porto
• A Lisbon street art tour designed by Vanessa Teodoro, a South African street artist based in Lisbon
• A tasting menu dinner at women-owned Prado, consistently ranked as one of the top restaurants is Lisbon, with wine pairings by Portugal’s top female winemakers
• Foraging expedition led by Portuguese mixologist Constança Cordeiro, followed by a private mixology lesson using the ingredients gathered
• Biking through the rolling countryside of Alentejo and relaxing at the famous São Lourenço do Barrocal
• Visiting a local market and cooking and learning about Portuguese food history with Ana Viçoso, owner of The Lisbon Cooking Academy
• An art and design tour crafted by two Portuguese architects, founders of the women-led tour group Talkie Walkie
• A food crawl in Porto with Lucia Miklesova, historian and owner of gourmet food company The Portuguese Affair
• A day trip to Douro Valley to meet some female winemakers in the region
Rates start at $2,950USD per person (double occupancy) and $3,650USD per person (private room). There is a maximum of ten travelers per trip. Pricing includes accommodations, most meals, transportation to and from activities, gratuities for drivers and guides and all activities. Airfare to and from Lisbon Portela International Airport, transportation to and from airport, visa fees and travel insurance are not included. For more information, visit www.wildterrains.com/portugal or email [email protected].
About Wild Terrains
Launched in July 2018, Wild Terrains is a boutique travel company specializing in small, curated group trips for women. Focusing on vibrant and culture-rich destinations for the creative minded, Wild Terrains is the only travel company leading women-only group trips that support female-owned and operated businesses in Mexico City and Portugal. Wild Terrains donates a portion of profits from the trips to a local organization supporting female entrepreneurs. All trip itineraries include accommodations at female-owned hotels, meals prepared by up-and-coming female chefs, and experiences that connect travelers with local women entrepreneurs, artists and designers. For more information, visit www.wildterrains.com or email [email protected].